RE: [IP] pump question concerning possible doctor's commissions

At 9:27 AM -0600 12/13/04, Doug Boss wrote:
>George
>
>The effectiveness study I saw was done by minimed using their pumps - has
>there been an OPEN study with all brands included ?

What, sort of like an Open Pump-off?  I don't think so, but if you go
to each individual pump's web page I'm sure that you can find the
individual study of their pumps that prove effectiveness. OR just go
to our Links page  http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/links.shtml

>With the way malpractice is these days do you blame the Dr for not wanting
>to stick with the one that is proven in your words "very effective " unless
>there are compelling reasons to switch ?
>Doug

One could take it from your statement above that if a Doctor
prescribes anything but a certain brand of pump that they are guilty
of malpractice!   I don't think so!   What I said was that EVERY pump
has been proven as "very effective" and each individual needs to make
their own decision and be supported by their team!

George