RE: [IP] pump question concerning possible doctor's commissions

At 10:41 AM 12/13/2004, Don Stevens wrote:
> I go to my doctors because I respect their knowledge, that is why I selected
>them. Not because they agreed with me on what I should do! After I picked the
>Minimed , my Endo talked me out of the 512 because it had problems that needed
 >to be corrected. I ended up with the 511 and am happy to state that in the
past
>1 1/2 yrs have had only one problem that was not corrected by the 'Help' line
>and was sent a replacement overnight.
>don

 When I first went on the pump, my CDE preferred the MiniMed pump but they also
let you get the other choice at that time, the Disetronic H-Tron+. I think that
they preferred the MiniMed because they were more familiar with it and the
Disetronic H-Tron+ had limited capabilities compared to the MiniMed available at
that time. Now they are very open and positive about all the new pumps and give
information about all of them. Whether they still prefer the MiniMed I cannot
say since I always knew which pump I wanted before I talked to them.

RoseLea
Disetronic H-Trom+ 4 years
Animas IR1000 6 months
Animas IR1200 5 months