RE: [IP] pump question concerning possible doctor's commissions

George

The effectiveness study I saw was done by minimed using their pumps - has
there been an OPEN study with all brands included ?

With the way malpractice is these days do you blame the Dr for not wanting
to stick with the one that is proven in your words "very effective " unless
there are compelling reasons to switch ?

Doug

>ALL Pumps have been "proven in a study to help!"  There is NO exception
>there!

>  I know for example that My Dr is hesitant to put anyone on
>cholesterol medications other than the one named in recent study showing
>effectiveness.

All statins are effective otherwise they wouldn't be on the market.
However, YMMV!!!  I was put on Zocor, which is one of the statins
proven to be very effective.  However it is also known to cause
rhabdomyolysis.  I've switched to Lovastatin which does not cause
rhabdomyolysis, BUT it may in someone else.  Thus we must have our
own choices!   If we are not given a choice, then what is there to
keep an Endo from putting us back on MDI?

>My $0.02
>Doug

That's my nickels worth!

George