Re: [IP] This from Diabetes in Control

At 9:33 AM -0500 12/8/04, email @ redacted wrote:
>The biggest problem I find with articles like this one is their claim of
>  islet cell transplant being a 'cure' for T1 diabetes. This is such
>a misleading
>  statement and for it to be stated by people in the diabetes field.
>A trx. only
>takes care of some of the symptoms of diabetes, but until they find a cure
>for the body's autoimmune system actually attacking the islets to begin with,
>they will not have a true 'cure'!!!

But I thought we were "Cured" when they discovered insulin?!?!??     ;>P

The "statements" from those in the Diabetes Research field were
probably accurate.  But then the media got ahold of them and whala,
misinterpretation and misleading pronouncements on our future.

Sounds like it is about time for another "rant" from Sarah!!!   "Be
Loud, be Proud, be Bumpy!!"

George  :>)