Re: [IP] Coverage

 I have Highmark PPO Blue and they covered my pump. I did all the paperwork
through the pump company, bipassed the Drs office completely. Had a answer
within two weeks of submittal. It didn't seem like what pump I chose mattered,
Animas IR1200 if you are wondering. When I was talking to the rep and giving my
insurance information, she said the plan I have is one of the best.

 I think it all determines what type of coverage you have with them, PPO, HMO,
comprehensive, etc. how easy it is to get a pump covered, how much and so on. I
would assume that it would matter what type of pump since I was never pressured,
just what kind of coverage you have.

 I have had wonderfully coverage with them and don't think I have every had
anything denied, and I do use it alot. Hope this helps, any questions please
ask.

Kim

john williams <email @ redacted> wrote:

I'm considering changing health plans during this open season. Can anyone
tell me whether Blue Cross/Blue Shield endorses using an insulin pump? If so,
any special kind?
Thanks