Re: [IP] Very sobering thoughts! Pumping a lethal amount of insulin in a hyp...

At 10:48 AM 12/3/2004, email @ redacted wrote:
>Julie...you DID contat our pump company for an IMMEDIATE replacement of the
>pump, didn't you???  That is totally unsafe and if it happened once with that
>pump it could happen again.  Don't take chance...get a NEW pump...ASAP!!!
>
>Sylvia
>mom to Joshua

 I was told by Animas that if your pump got exposed to radiation, even though it
appeared to work fine afterwards, the electronics in it could have been affected
and it could bolus a whole cartridge without your knowledge. They just replaced
my IR1200 after I entered a CT Scan room (not while the scan was being done)
with my pump on (I didn't know that's what was on the other side of the door
before I was led into the room, I was expecting a changing room and lockers to
store my personal property.) My pump appeared to work fine afterwards (I did
remove it and place it in a different room for the actual scan) but when I
checked with Animas Tech Support, they told me to immediately remove it and they
sent me a replacement.

RoseLea