[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V8 #570

Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:58:58 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Cooke <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] Cozmo Support

> I have one question (as of now) though.  What length of tubing  do most
> adults use?

Not sure about "most adults", but I know many people have some great
reasons for using their preferred length.  Personally I've only used the
23" on a few sample infusion sets, and I didn't like it much.  I'm tall,
and couldn't even set the pump on the bed while I was getting dressed.
When you start pumping, get some samples and before long your preferred
length will become apparent.

I like the 43".  It lets me build up some extra speed before the doorknob
catches it and rips my set out.  ;-)

Cheers,

Brian

Brian you made me LOL!!  I also had my 43" tubing ripped out on door knobs.
I had to switch from the 43" to the 23" because every time my pump clip
popped off my underwear the pump would fall and hit the floor - and of
course, my floor is tile.  I had to replace 3 pumps because of the 43"
tubing.  The last time the rep didn't believe me - I have a Vic Secret
nightgown that has a built in bra and I was putting my pump in there at
night.  Well one morning I leaned over to pet the cat and my pump literally
flew out of my top and of course, hit the tile floor.  After that I switched
to 23" tubing and have never had a problem since.  If anyone has any funny
klutzy stories regarding the pump, please send them to me - it would make a
great book. :):) Klutzy Robin in Texas :)