Re: [IP] Very sobering thoughts! Pumping a lethal amount of insulin in a hyp...

About a month ago we had a very scarey situation with my son Michaels  pump.
I was at work and my husband changed out my sons insulin.  Well  we still
don't know what happened and Michaels doctor isn't sure either but for  some
 reason after connecting the pump back to Michael, the whole vial of insulin
shot
into him...about 100 units.  Michael told his dad that he had no  insulin left
and his dad told him thats impossible, I just put new insulin in  the
 pump...he looked and sure enough it was gone. My husband paniced and just kept
 giving him food...pancakes, french toast and anything else we had. Only by the
grace of God was he ok.  The lowest he dropped was  29 but my husband was able
to get him back up and he stayed up for the rest of  the day.   They didn't
tell me about what happened until I got home  from work because I would have
lost it.m  We haven't had any problems since  but that was very scarey for
everyone.
Julie