Re: [IP] Being fired by a doctor

Responding to: That is ridiculous, why doesn't the physicians at lifesigns
just transfer your  test results over to you internists?

His bread and butter came from doing physicals. When I went to him for a
physical 2 years prior, it required about 4 visits. Actually his office
called for me to come back a 5th time for a stress test and I ignored the
calls. It seemed like every test he did had to be done in a separate office
visit even though they were all done by him in his office. I believe he
charged my insurance for an office call with each test.  My husband's
company recommended having our physicals done at the LifeSigns place so we
did. They did all tests in one visit. My only complaint with them is that
they did not do an immediate bs test. I reported systems of extreme thirst,
frequent urination, and loss of weight while eating everything in site. I
told them I was drinking so much water that I was vomiting - did not realize
it wasn't the quantity of water. My body fat was measured at 17%. A week
after my physical when I had not heard from them, I called them to see what
my fasting bs reading was and their answer confirmed what I suspected. I was
running a couple of miles a day with an A1C of 13.7. When it finally dawned
on me to check for ketones, the test strip showed as high a reading as it
measured. I think I was fortunate not to have landed in the hospital.

email @ redacted
dx Type 1 1/2002
Cozmo pumping since 1/2003
CoZmore pumping & testing since 09/02/04