[IP] Re: set change problem - delay

>This is why it is recommended to change before a meal, to saturate the new
>site with a meal bolus. Perhaps that would help? Perhaps you already are.

I suspect the amount needed is sometimes larger than I need for a
meal bolus.  The one I posted had a 3.5 U meal bolus an hour and a
half after set change, and at that point I was still going down
(probably from the old set.)  The 300 + came 2 1/2 hors after that
meal bolus.  The new set was fine after the second, 2.4 bolus, which
did take insulin on board (assuming the first bolus took) into
account--in fact, I was fighting lows until bedtime.
--
Sue Ann Bowling, North Pole, Alaska