[IP] I need a primary doctor like that!

>My endo is also a good doc.  Once we got past the "Gee your A1c is so
>good, you don't need a pump" moment, he's been wonderful.  He also >admits
to me that I probably know more about insulin pumping than he >does and he
gives me all the freedom and latitude I need to make my own >choices with my
care.  He does the necessary tests and writes the >necessary prescriptions.
He always checks my feet, listens to my heart >and the veins in my neck,
asks if I've had any problems with infusion sites >and looks at them.  He
checks my eyes looks in my throat.  He also >complains if I don't see the
other necessary medical doctors (eye doctor, >etc.) and get him a report
from them.  I make sure that when I have any >type of other medical problem
and see another doctor, he is advised.  He >likes to be in the loop of all
my medical care.  I've been seeing him for >nearly 20 years now.

REPLY:

Hi RoseLea,

My goodness, is your doctor anywhere in the NY/Manhattan/Queens area?  Is he
seeing new patients?  I've been seeing my Primary for over 10 years and I've
seen a myriad of others and none of them have been that efficient!!!  As
stated somewhere else on the IP site, I only use my doctor to get my
prescriptions.  Only my podiatrist and my recent endo (Stella Ilyayeva) has
been the best of help (Dr. Allan Friedman) Bless both their hearts and my
podiatrists' secretaries too!

Marie Ricca

TypeI, D for 43yrs, Dx'd @ age 5

Not pumping yet :-)! Looking forward to, once I test them out and waiting
for any advancements/updates.

image001.gif]

image002.gif]