[IP] Being fired by a doctor

Responding to: The worst that can happen is that they'll fire you as a
patient

Has anyone else been fired by a doctor?

As a result of my blood sugar testing in a routine physical exam done at
LifeSigns - a Physical Examination Center, I called an internist that had
done my physical 2 years prior. He said he could see my that afternoon but
would have to repeat the test done by LifeSigns. Upon arrival at his office,
the nurse took me back for a bonescan. I had evidently misunderstood the
doctor when he said he would have to repeat the tests - he meant all of the
tests - bone density, pap, stress, sigmoidoscope, ect. I thought he just
meant the blood work. When I told him that neither my insurance company nor
I would pay for the duplicate tests he told me that he "could not see a
place for himself in my healthcare." Two days later, I received a registered
letter from him restating that he would no longer see me as a patient.

email @ redacted
dx Type 1 1/2002
Cozmo pumping since 1/2003
CoZmore pumping & testing since 09/02/04