[IP] Boca Raton Pump Support Thurs. 12/9/04

THE DIABETES RESEARCH INSTITUTE
University of Miami Medical School
Invites you to the INSULIN PUMP SUPPORT GROUPb&
FOR PUMPERS AND WOULD-BE PUMPERS AND THEIR FAMILIES
Time: December 9, 2004 7:00p.m.THURSDAY
Place: Whitehall Nursing Home Boca Raton

Okay..itbs in the air..the excitement of holidays.. which brings with it
tensions, for some of us : spending too much money; expectations of being
happy;
overeating and overdrinkingb& BE PREPARED. Surely there is a boy scout in our
group who can coach us..but I will start for now.. My mother was right. bUSE
YOUR HEADb. What it means to us today is using our thoughts, not just our
moods
or emotions to lead us. Plan ahead and THINK through your desires and how you
want to be feeling on the morning of January 2. If you donbt want to be in
debt, plan a spending budget (just like a food and drink budget) and donbt
go
over. It will feel so good to be in control and not have to suffer. Use
honesty
with yourself and your family and friends, letting them know this year you are
only writing heartfelt cards to them..or ask for mutual low budget giftsb&(
or
you will love their presents to you , provided there is no resentment about
your plan and if there is annoyance, you will share your cognitive skills to
help
them get over it.) If holidays are always difficult for you..THINK AHEAD and
do something radically different..Spend the day volunteering to feel fulfilled
and find gratitude or LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS ( a cognitive thing) that you
donbt have to have a good time..youbll have a good time in January. Eggnog
is
boring. Food and alcohol hangovers are destructive. Spinach is a great snack
(not what we learned in the old days..You canbt have your dessert until you
ate
youbre your spinach..Maintaining your weight and blood sugars is pleasantly
elitist and of high moral fiber. When people offer you food or drink, offer
them gum and take an extra piece for yourself. (Okay so if you donbt like my
thoughts, use yours.KEEP YOUR SENSE OF HUMORb&.IT SAVES CALORIES)

We are to have our guest speaker, Tricia Poretti..humorist and nurse, show us
the Inset infusion set and talk about the new IR1200.  Ellen also has a great
idea about fun fundraising for the Diabetes Research Institute which
guarantees us a good time (http://www.hughjorgans.com/).

I, Dr. Wendy Satin Rapaport, will be facilitating the group..please call me
if I can be of help-561-4778595

Emailed to you from Ellen Ullman for our wonderful leader Dr. Wendy Satin
Rapaport :-).

Very sincerely yours,
Ellen H. Ullman

Mom, Advocate for children who have diabetes and their parents, Friend,
Webmaster..  http://www.kidsrpumping.com/
Please support funding a cure for diabetes: Diabetes Research Institute in
Miami, Florida:  http://www.drinet.org/

Very sincerely yours,
Ellen H. Ullman