From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Kathy Trondsen
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 4:47 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IP] Handheld device - xmas gift help please!

I use a PocketPC, with Diabetic's Personal Insulin Manager.  It has
helped my logging phobia, and has helped me lose weight by providing a
substitute for the bolus wizard so I take exactly what insulin I need
instead of guestimaging (not a problem for everyone, I know, but this
tool has really helped me be more accurate with my carb-to-insulin
ratio.  It comes with a food database, and of course, you can add more
foods and favorites.  It also displays the total number of calories
consumed per day, which I find helpful.

I like the PocketPC OS for a number of features that are not
diabetes-related, so I chose a Compaq model when I was looking.  Now
they'll have to pry it out of my cold dead fingers (and I couldn't say
that about my (mostly empty) logbook. :)

The other replies are right -- there are more software options for Palm
OS, but I'm very happy with my PocketPC and the above software.

Kathy