Re: [IP] Handheld device - xmas gift help please!

Currently we have a Palm m130 (which is color) and I use the Calorie King
Palm program for carbs.  I love it!  It even has fast food restaurants
listed, which is so helpful to us, especially during my sons' sports seasons
when we tend to eat on the go a whole lot more.  I definitely recommend
their food program.  I would splurge for the little extra for the color
version of the palm pilot.  I didn't really care if I had the color or not,
I was more looking to have a memory card slot in my palm so I could expand
the memory capability.  The first palm I started with had a small memory in
it and it couldn't be upgraded at all.  So when I looked, that was one of my
requirements.  I found my m130 at a great closeout price so I jumped at it.
I LOVE the color.  It is so much easier for me to read, especially in bright
sunlight or in the evening dusk time.  I was really surprised that I liked
it so much better.  When I use the old palm now (it's the one we carry in
the medical bag) I have a hard time seeing it.  It just emphasized at how
much I like the color.  As far as blood sugar records, we use the program
from accucheck that goes with our meter.  Although I have downloaded a diet
diary from Calorie King and it has spaces to enter this info, but I haven't
had much time to play with it yet to give you a good description of it.  I
like our meters program as it downloads automatically so I don't have to
enter in any numbers, but at times I get frustrated as it won't let me enter
in any additional info which is why I downloaded the diary from cal king.
Hope all that helps.  I haven't found a food database, even the one from
Animas, that has as many foods as the one from Calorie King.  I believe that
it now has over 10,000 food items in it and it has a search capability which
we use occasionally.

Melissa in MT