  To: email @ redacted
  Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 5:22 PM
  Subject: [IP] RE: Insulin @ 69.00?

  Wow someone at Walmart in Reno sure missed the boat on the 69.95 price,
  they charge me 78.95 for each bottle, so my insurance will only allow 3
  bottles per month instead of the 4 I actually need.

  As far as buying from Canada, that would be great if 2 things were
  possible, (1) the Canadian pharmacy would honor my insurance and the
  insurance would deal with Canadian pharmacies (2) the Canadian pharmacies
  would carry & ship my insulin (which they claim they don't/won't) as well
  as the rest of my monthly perscriptions (of the 7 things I get each month
  they only carry 1)

  >I actually have Wal-Mart insurance and you have to use a Wal-Mart/Sam's
  >pharmacy.  Sam's sells their insulin right at cost. I have seen the
  sheet on >it.  They used to sell their test strips just below their cost
  to get folks >to come in.  Interesting marketing idea. Like their milk
  they have no markup >on it at all, and most often it's sold at a loss. >
  >Anyhow, if I was paying out right for my insulin I would buy it from
  that >location.  But as it stands I pay 20% for my 4 bottles a month,
  pricey. > >Thanks anyhow, some one else here might need to know that. >
  >Christene > > >Buy your insulin in Canada.  I just bought 6 vials at
  humolog for $149 >Canadian at my local Costco pharmacy.  Then, you can
  afford to ditch the odd >bottle.