[IP] Handheld device - xmas gift help please!

My son wants to get me a hand held device for xmas which will easily tell me
the carbs in any food.  He also want to put the software in it before he gives
it to me.  What device and program do most people use.  I now go on the
 computer to calorie king, find the food put in the weight. What program could
this for me.  I am new to this handheld stuff so my wording may not be correct.

Any help would be appreciated.