[IP] chicken pocks question

I have a contractor coming to my house every day and his children have
chicken pocks.
Does anyone know how transmittable it is?
I'm an adult and I've never had them. I've heard that if an adult gets them
it's much more serious than a child getting them. And also a diabetic
getting them is more dangerous than a non-diabetic.

Can anyone point me to information about it?