Re:[IP] ultra meter dying

Heidi Vogan asked:
 >>>Got a quick,deathly importent question for anyone who
doesn't have anything better to do with their Sunday
evening..What type of batteries does the Ultra meter
use?Mine has just given up the ghost,with no prior
alarms,no nothing,it won't turn on.
              type 1 for 5 yrs(12/10/98)
               + still getting in these messes!<<<

The Ultra uses a 2032 lithium battery. I had to replace one about 3
weeks ago and it went smoothly. Cost of new battery was US$2.88 plus
tax. In my case I replaced it while it was still showing the "low
battery" icon, and didn't lose anything in the memory. I would have to
say though, the "low battery" icon should be more conspicuous than it
is. It sounds like Heidi missed it.

Tom Beatson
dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000