[IP] My Anniversary!

62 years ago today the Japanese attacked the US naval base at Pearl
Harbor.
61 years ago today was the first day I was sick with oncoming
ketoacidosis. Although I wasn't diagnosed until 2 or 3 days later, as I
drifted into a coma, I find that Dec. 7 is the easiest day for me to
remember as my anniversary of diagnosis.

I observed the occasion by going for a 33-mile bicycle ride with the
Arizona Bicycle Club. We went to Chompies in Scottsdale for breakfast,
and I had a chile relleno.

Tom Beatson
dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000