[IP] Site changes! or How long to go between set changes!

FWIW, my husband had  a drain in his back for 9 days on two occasions in
2000.  He was in hospital at the time and the nurses were taking his
temperature every four hours and watching for other signs of infection.  If
they'd appeared, the drain would have been out, like that!  The surgeon on
the case said that they worried about infection after day 5!

I think the pump companies are more about failing sites than about infected
sites and, of course, they want to sell more sets.

I write down a note on the diary at the foot of the page what day after the
last insertion we are on.  I also write in the diary's notes section what
time the last insertion was made.  Then, when I get up to the date, I see
the entry!

A bit this summer I was writing when day 2.5 was, because we noticed sites
failed a lot quicker either because of warm weather or because of the meds
my husband was on.

I note carefully when the site should be changed, because,frankly, with the
years, my memory has deterriorated.