[IP] Re: magnets and pump

> Does anyone have any information about the effects of magnets and the
> pump?  Is it safe to wear the pump during an MRI (magnetic resonance
> imaging)?  Any literature available?

My MiniMed manual has a paragraph on this very thing saying to not wear it
while having X-ray, MRI, or CT scan. I photocopied it, shrunk it, and have
it attached to my ins. card to settle any arguments with a tech.

>  What about Mammograms?

Since I do not wear disconnect sets, I ask for one of those little lead
aprons they use for preggers. They don't remove the fetus for that procedure
so they have them available. I suppose if I were to have an MRI or CT scan I
would plan to use a disconnect set that day.

Most pumps are close to $6,000.00 and it doesn't seem worth the exposure
*just in case.* Bluda Sue is too precious to me to take the chances. YMMV

Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.