[IP] Cold packs ???

"Craig Botham" <email @ redacted> writes:
has mentioned to me that there is a cool something that can be broken and
activated and put in the not-so-cool cool pack when it becomes warm...any
suggestions here??

My aunt is a long-experienced horsepacker but in the cool water country of
the northwest. The desert and mtn temps in Baja will range from 50-85
degrees. Any ideas here??? Her insulin bottle says store at temps between
36-46. HELP!! Thanks!! Teddi
A Company in the UK sells a cold wallet called the Frio wallet this small
device reaches a cool temperature within minutes of being wet. there is an
endothermic chemical reaction which occurs and makes the wallet cold. insulin
degrades slowly at elevated temperatures until the stopper is pierced. I keep
my insulin at room temp to aid in filling the cartridge sets. Frio was
discussed here last year.
A.L. Bender, M. D.