----- Original Message -----
From: "Sheldon E. Miller" <email @ redacted>

I am in the process of obtaining a pump.  It will have been used.  Before
I rely on it, even as a backup to my regular pump, I want to give it a
test.  I am thinking of filling a cartridge with water, and then setting
it to the same setting as on my regular pump, adding boluses to equal
those I use on the regular pump, and seeing if it seems to put out the
water at the same rate as I use the insulin in my regular pump.  Does
anyone have any thoughts about how else to test it?
Secondly, does anyone know if the warranty MiniMed gives on their pumps
is personal to the buyer, or goes with the pump?  I could not find the
warranty in the 508 booklet.