[IP] Saline, first?

We didn't do saline first.  The CDE thought we should, but she was very
nervous about the pump.

My husband's been a mainframe computer programmer for 25 years for an
insurance company.  He read the instruction manual, before he received the
pump and was ready to start pumping the minute the pump arrived.  He really
is good at button hitting.  In our case, what good would saline have done?

The saline or placebo would probably help people like me who have never run
a computer.  They'd be good at hitting the buttons before the button pushing
did anything as important as keep their blood sugars regulated!  Because my
husband knew basic button popping, puttting him on saline for a few days
would have been just another delay on our pump start!

The big question is "Are you confident that you can run the pump?  Find the
right screen and adjust the basals, when you go too low or high, and know
how to give yourself a bolus effectively.