[IP] Cold packs ???

My 70 yr old type 2 aunt wants to go with me this coming spring on my yearly
mule packing trip in Baja. She has a cool pack that she says is good for 3-4
days. The trip is abt 9 days with no access to cool streams or ice.  Someone
has mentioned to me that there is a cool something that can be broken and
activated and put in the not-so-cool cool pack when it becomes warm...any
suggestions here??

My aunt is a long-experienced horsepacker but in the cool water country of
the northwest. The desert and mtn temps in Baja will range from 50-85
degrees. Any ideas here??? Her insulin bottle says store at temps between
36-46. HELP!! Thanks!! Teddi