From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of
email @ redacted
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 12:26 PM
To: email @ redacted
Cc: insulin-pumpers-digest; email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] saline solution?

 Does everyone have to begin pumping with the trial saline solution? I got
the
pump, had trouble getting a minimed nurse to "train" me. Now she says I need
do the saline first (even thought my doctor says I can just start.) I have
had
the pump a month now and I am ready to go. I read all the instructions and
have
been type 1 for 25 years. I feel I can just plug the thing in. I was worried
about insurance if there turns out to be a problem with the minimed 712 and
they
will say I didn't use it correctly.
Maureen