[IP] saline solution?

 Does everyone have to begin pumping with the trial saline solution? I got the
pump, had trouble getting a minimed nurse to "train" me. Now she says I need to
do the saline first (even thought my doctor says I can just start.) I have had
the pump a month now and I am ready to go. I read all the instructions and have
been type 1 for 25 years. I feel I can just plug the thing in. I was worried
about insurance if there turns out to be a problem with the minimed 712 and they
will say I didn't use it correctly.