[IP] Re: NPH coverage - Cozmo died

> From: ruth jennison <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] death of a cosmo; heart rate monitor signal frequency?
<snip> plus there was a big airbubble on its way that i
> wasn't able to prime (because I couldn't push any buttons) so I
> disconnected. I totally guessed at an NPH amount of 4 units every 6 hours
> (this is the frequency, right?), but I may up that tonight.

Most of us would not re-introduce ANY long-acting insulin back into our
systems. For the short duration of no pump, it is recommended to cover that
4-5 hours with REGULAR insulin, which lasts a little longer than Humalog or
Novolog. Continue bolusing with H/N shots for carbs. Since NPH lasts about
12 hours you are overlapping injections quite a bit. NPH is notoriously
unpredictable anyway, so stick with the stuff you had in your system, with
exception of R. With NPH in you system and you begin pumping again, you will
be putting rapid-acting insulin in on top of the long-acting. Not a fun game
to play. Of course, YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary)

A leading authority is anyone who has guessed right more than once