Re: [IP] What would you do??

Hi Christene,

> I found a bottle of insulin... How long it has been in there, is
> beyond guessing... the bottle does not expire until July 2004.

Since insulin that I just bought has an expiration date of June 2005,
it's likely that the insulin bottle you just found is about a year

Since insulin has a _long_ shelf life when stored at room temperature,
I would certainly use it.

To read the conclusions of 4 sources pertaining to insulin shelf life,
please read the message I posted to this list in June 2003:

regards, Andy

P.S.: I carry around an insulin pen with a Humalog cartridge that I
use as a backup if a problem develops with the pump or catheter. The
Humalog is at least a year old. I had to use it about a month ago and
had no problem.