Re: [IP] What would you do??

Hi Michael,

> You an (sic) expect most modern insulin to loose 1.5 to 2% potency
> per month when stored at room temperature.

I do not agree.

IMHO, any modern insulin that's been stored at ambient temperature
does not lose appreciable potency until well _after_ its expiration
date.

On June 20, 2003, I posted a message about this very subject which
cited 4 independent sources concerning insulin shelf life. It can be
viewed here: http://tinyurl.com/f5yr

In that message, I asked for anyone with contradictory information
(from studies, not case histories), to post that information.

Michael, what studies are you aware of that conclude that insulin
stored at ambient temperature deteriorates at the rate you describe?

regards, Andy

On Wed 3 Dec 2003 at 20:31 -0800, Michael replied: