[IP] Freestyle Navigator(TM) Continuous Glucose Monitor

 Someone posted this, that's how I saw it, but there have been no comments on it
& I really can't believe that NO ONE is excited about it. So I'm posting the
excerpt from the TheraSense web site. This is exciting, or maybe it just me.

This is what I want for Christmas:

 <<TheraSense Files Premarket Approval Application for Freestyle Navigator(TM)
Continuous Glucose Monitor

 ALAMEDA, Calif., Dec 02, 2003 -- TheraSense, Inc. (Nasdaq: THER), a leader in
glucose monitoring and the maker of the popular, virtually painless FreeStyle(R)
Blood Glucose Monitoring System, today announced that it has submitted a
Premarket Approval application (PMA) with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
(FDA) for its FreeStyle Navigator(TM) Continuous Glucose Monitor. The PMA filing
follows recently presented clinical data on Navigator that included results of
home-use trials involving 102 subjects at 7 clinical sites.

 FreeStyle Navigator is a continuous glucose monitor designed to replace
traditional in vitro glucose testing by providing users with real time glucose
data, hypo- and hyperglycemic alarms and trend analysis. Navigator utilizes
TheraSense's patented Wired Enzyme (TM) technology and is designed to measure
glucose levels in the patient's interstitial fluid every sixty seconds and
transmit the results to a wireless pager-sized receiver that may be worn on a
belt or carried in a pocket or purse.

 "We are pleased with the submission of our PMA since this represents a key
milestone in our efforts to provide the benefits of continuous monitoring to
people with diabetes," said Mark Lortz, President and CEO of TheraSense. "We
believe that the data from our clinical studies will support the claims we have
made in our PMA submission. This submission was made possible by years of
dedication and hard work by the employees at TheraSense. Our goal is to provide
this tool to help prevent the devastating complications of diabetes," Mr. Lortz

 Navigator is pending FDA approval and is currently not available for patient

About TheraSense

 TheraSense develops, manufactures and sells easy to use glucose monitoring
systems that dramatically reduce the pain of testing for people with diabetes.
The company began selling its first product, the FreeStyle(R) blood glucose
monitoring system, in June 2000. The FreeStyle system has wide distribution in
the United States through national retailers including Walgreens, Wal-Mart, CVS,
Eckerd and Rite Aid. The FreeStyle system is distributed in various European
countries by Ypsomed, formerly Disetronic Injection Systems. In Japan, the
FreeStyle system is distributed by Nipro Corporation, the Japanese market leader
in dialysis and insulin pumps. The TheraSense headquarters and test strip
manufacturing facility are located in Alameda, California. Visit us at

Forward-Looking Statements

 The foregoing contains statements regarding the availability of the FreeStyle
Navigator continuous glucose monitor, features of the FreeStyle Navigator and
clinical studies data supporting claims made in TheraSense's FreeStyle Navigator
PMA submission. These statements are forward-looking within the meaning of the
Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based on
management's current expectations and actual results could differ materially.
TheraSense undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking
statement. There are a number of factors that could cause actual events to
differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements. These
factors include, but are not limited to: risks related to the failure to obtain
FDA approval; risks related to noncompliance with FDA regulations; and risks
related to the development of innovative products.

 Investors should read the risk factors set forth in TheraSense's Form 10-Q for
the quarter ended September 30, 2003 and periodic reports filed with the
Securities and Exchange Commission. The risk factors are also available on the
Investor Relations portion of TheraSense's website at www.therasense.com

Maureen Tiongco, Investor Relations

Financial Dynamics
investors, Jim Byers, Teresa Thuruthiyil
press, Christopher Katis, Ron Heckmann

western Massachusetts

LifeScan, Inc. http://www.lifescan.com