[IP] Humor and BM 50 Yrs Ago

insulin-pumpers-digest <email @ redacted> wrote:

insulin-pumpers-digest Wednesday, December 3 2003 Volume 07 : Number 700

 Fifty years ago when I was a student at Stanford University I developed
Diabetis. I was hospitalized fo 6-8 days and put on insulin shots. In the bed
next to mine was an older man who was there to get his diabetic problems back
under control.

 He explained to me that he hated his diabetis and the shots so much that he
would throw his syringes up against the wall and smash them. All syringes were
glass at that time.

So I think he probably had missed his insulin shots for a few days

 50 yrs and 2 months later I am still shoting insulin. I am Addicted to insulin
shots. Used MiniMed Pump a 507 for several years, then I had some Big non
diabetic health problems and my pump doctor took me of the pump and put me back
on shots, one Lantus and 3 Humalogeach day. I asked him for an explination and
he kinded of turned his head and said to his staff "Sometimes you can not teach
an old dog new tricks" It is working very well, but you see I am really addicted
to the shots. I have No problems due to my 50 years except my memory is slipping
a little.

I wish all of you as good of 50 years as I have had.

Charles Soderstrom DDS  Dx Oct. '53 @ age 19