[IP] Yound child recognizing he had diabetes

>>  My son has sadly grown up enough to recognize that he has diabetes.

Kids are really perceptive, aren't they?

>>  We were going to meet Deb & Mary Beth's kids to visit with Congressman

Congratulations on taking a proactive stance.  Last week I went to the offices
of both our Senators to discuss their stand on health issues.

>>  I said"remember Anthony & Siobhan who have a pump just like yours?" He
said "I have a
>>  pump because I'm a diabetic".

He understands and has a grasp of the obvious.

>>  Mind you we don't call him a "diabetic", my  daughter would have a
hemorrhage - she hates the term.

What do you call him..."a person with diabetes?"  Does your daughter have a
better term for his condition, if so, what is it?

>>  I almost cried. It's the first time that he's acknowledged that. So sad
for our kids.

Why is it sad for our kids, or any of us diabetics, woops "persons with a
metabolic problem" to acknowledge it?  It sounds like Joshua is an
exceptionally smart boy and will do well in life as well as manage his medical