Re: [IP] What would you do??

> Alright, here is the thing. I found a bottle of insulin in an old
> diabetes bag.  How long it has been in there, is beyond guessing.
> The insulin bag is insulated, and has been in a desk drawer this
> entire time. Also the bottle does not expire until July 2004.
> Since insulin is now costing $69.95 a bottle, should I attempt to
> see if this stuff would work, or should I go ahead and toss it.
> Tell me what you think.
> Thanks,
> Christene

Toss it. If it has not been refrigerated, it may have lost a
significant (as in VERY LARGE) portion of it's potency during
storage. You an expect most modern insulin to loose 1.5 to 2% potency
per month when stored at room temperature. If it's been there 6
months, it could have easily lost 10% of its potency.