[IP] RE: Switching from a 508 to an Animas

I did it, and I couldn't be happier.

Cartridge volume--the other day I was down to 20 units remaining in the pump
(therefore it was all in the tubing.) I forgot, and let it run down to 5 units
and I still was functioning just fine.  In fact my BG was 80 at the time.

Priming--they told me prime five drops.  20 beeps means the tube is primed and
I let four drops go and it's done. I don't worry about missed insulin when
showering or even in the hot tub.  The rep told me not to give it a second
thought.  YMMV.

Clip, yes, it pokes a bit but I don't mind it.  However, I don't usually care
about taking it on or off.

O rings--yes, they are small but I have only changed batteries twice since

Alarms, I turned the regular beeps off.  The alarm beeps need not be
bothersome if you promptly turn them off.  Yes, I too am waiting for an
occlusion alarm to go off when I am in church or something, but it is not like
there is a blaring siren going off. Just hit confirm and do what you need to

Anyway, that is my take on it.