[IP] Meters

Well, I finally decided I've had it with the BD meter.  For whatever
reason, it seems like the number of E-3 messages I get has gone up
dramatically.  They seemed to be a relatively rare occurrence when I first
got the meter, but lately I'd started getting them all the time.  From what
I can tell, it seems to vary depending on the vial of strips -- some vials
seem a lot more prone to E-3's than others.  In any case, I realized I was
wasting an unreasonable number of strips.

So, I got the Freestyle Flash today.  My pharmacy (Rite Aid, in the Seattle
area) is having a promotion this week where you can get one free if you buy
100 strips (even if the strips are covered by insurance).  So far I love
it!  When I first saw the meter in the store, my first reaction was "how
CUTE!"  I know "cute" shouldn't be a top priority when choosing a meter,
but still!  I do like the small size and the small case.  The backlights
and testing lights are nice.  My readings seem to be a little more
consistent on the Freestyle than on the BD meter.  I'd hesitated to get the
Freestyle because I'd used it in the past and wasn't that crazy about the
design of the test strips, but I just decided the benefits outweighed that
"downside".  At least it doesn't give you an error message if you pause for
a fraction of a second before completely filling the strip like the BD
meter does!

Anyway, so far I'm happy with the switch!