Re: [IP] switching from a 508 to an Animas

I have to admit -- I've never pumped with anything but an Animas.

Cartridge volume hasn't been a problem for me.  Pump trainer told me to
figure out how much insulin I needed for two days, add enough for
priming, and it hasn't been an issue.  I will admit, I've been changing
tubing every other time not, which cuts down the amount for priming.
HOWEVER, the smaller cartridge of the I1200 would make me nuts.  I use
about 250 units every three days counting priming.

Priming:  Well, it does cut down on the math.  I have nothing to
compare that procedure to, though.

The clip: yeah, I dont' like that either.  I have gone to not wearing
the clip a lot.  Did you get the leather case thing?  Have you tried
it?  Which reminds me, I need to do try that myself.  Were you told to
put the clip outside of the pump?  I was told not to and got a flyer on
that when they replaced my clip (mine broke).

The battery o-rings aren't that big of a deal.  I, so far, get 8 weeks
off of batteries.  I'm planning to carry a spare set around just in
case, and change every 8 weeks.  FYI:  Lack of O-ring might be why MM
won't work in water? Just a thought.

I believe the IR1200 will vibrate.  I will admit that bothered me at
first, but I got used to it.  Few people have commented on it, and when
they do, I just laugh about communicating with it.  Especially the
audio bolus -- I do assume that will always be loud.