From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of
email @ redacted
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 4:05 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Frustrated new pumper needs advise

Hi all

 I need some advise. I have been pumping for 1 1/2 weeks with my Paradigm
512.
The first week was awesome. I had great site changes and have adjusted
quickly
to new basal and bolus amounts. Saturday the problems started.

 I use sils and had a bad insert Sat. Pulled it out and began again. This
time
hit something no pain but got sick to my stomach for 5 minutes or so and had
lie down. Felt better, BGs were good although a bit higher than normal
(140s).
Then I spiked to over 200 that night. After two bolus corrections was down
130. Next day I stayed around 160s but felt bad. Felt like site was leaking
and
knew it was taking too much bolusing to come down.

 Switched site out Sun night and almost immediatly felt better and BGs were
back
in 80-90s. As the night went on site got more uncomfortable but I tried to
tough
it out. BGs were normal in AM, but again spiked to 250s by lunch, corrected
via
bolus. Went home from work to change site as it felt horrible, and after 2-3
hours still was 200.

 Talked with CDE changed site out manually versus normal with serter. Felt
better and BGs again came down to 80-90s for the night. Pain again
reappeared as
the night went on.

 Got up early to test this morning with BG at 190 and site painful again.
Corrected and went back to sleep. Woke up for good with BG at 240 and pain
in
site still. Corrected again and took over 5 hours for BG to come down to
140.

 Also, the old sets are coming out with straight non kinked canulas with no
blood or damage showing. I do have bug bite looking spots from the canulas
from
all recent changes altough I do use Neosporin.

 With advise from CDE I switched to QuickSet this afternoon to try and see
if
that helps.

 Has anyone had similar problems? I am 5'7 and 120 lbs with little body fat.
do use a very shallow angle on the sils (under 25). I am so frustrated now
and
don't trust the sites a bit anymore (even the new quickset site). Could this
be
allergies

Any advise would be great as my CDE is as baffled as I am.

Thanks
Carrie

---