Re: [IP] My free upgrade to the 512

I sent an email a couple of months ago to MM about my displeasure concerning
the waterproof issue.  I was contacted by a rep at MM, trying to smooth the
waters.  I was sent a sports guard free of charge.  I thought that was nice,
but felt it was a very small band-aid on a pretty big boo-boo.

Last week I get another call.  I'm told how concerned MM is about me as a
customer, and keeping me happy.  I was also told that they are continuing to
work on the waterproof issue.  The rep I spoke to said that he had been
authorized to offer me an upgrade to a 512 with the Paradigm link for $99.
I thought about it, and told him OK.  Then I went into the archives and read
what folks had said about the B-D Logic meter.  I called MM back and told
them that I was interested in the upgrade but not the Paradigm link.  So my
upgrade was free.  My new pump is supposed to arrive Thursday morning.  Now
this is a refurbished pump, not a new one, that used to matter to me, but
after 18 months on a Paradigm, this is my 7th.

I talked to my CDE today to ask her what her take was on the upgrade, she
loves the bolus wizard and has issues with the B-D Logic.  My pump start was
out of William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan.  Before my pump
start I was sent to a lab for a blood draw to compare the labs findings with
my meter.  My Ultra was right on the money.  My CDE said that there has been
up to a 20% variance with the B-D Logic.  The people at Beaumont have tried
to contact the people at B-D without any response.

Just thought others would be interested!

Jan Clinthorne