[IP] frozen shoulder question

I know frozen shoulder has been discussed numerous times before, but am
going to ask anyway.  I have surgery scheduled fro Thursday 12-4, and am
being thrown a lot of crap today that I never knew about, from surgeon
and his office.  I need to get it done, so am not backing out, as cannot
move my right arm anywhere near my head, BUT my ?'s are these:  Has
anyone who had this before, had a shot in your neck to totally numb the
arm after you wake up, so that the PT they have to do the next day is
not felt by you?  He said he will manipulate my shoulder first, then the
surgery itself.  Then found out today that I will need to stay
overnight, and get PT immediately the next day.  After that, go home
with pain pump with 5 day supply of pain killer in it, and PT 3 times a
week for 6 weeks.  Any info on this pain pump?  Its not like our pumps,
the PA said a ball with pain killer in it, or a cylinder, she was not
sure which I would get.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, you can email me off list at
email @ redacted if you would rather not post to list.
Thanks much,