Re: [IP] Top 5 Insulin Pump

In a message dated 12/2/2003 7:39:41 AM Alaskan Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:
> let me talk about what
> I think is the "Best or Top Pump"
Very good reply Rodney!

Ok, I have only used MM 507C so I have no way of comparison of other pumps.

But what I like about MY pump:
1. I have a pump! The most current type of therapy available.
2. Ability to make small adjustments instantly without pulling out syringe,
alky wipe, insulin vial 12 times a day.
3. Discreet
4. Have never had any problems with it!
5. The knowledge that I can eat what I want, when I want. Of course, this
doesn't mean I do, but it means I HAVE a choice.

Cons: (most have nothing to do with my specific pump!)
1. Having to re-do a kinked infusion set (rare for me) or pulling one out
just hours after changing it (occasionally).
2. Cost is prohibitive for some people, making the therapy unavailable for
some. To me, this is unfair, and depressing, as everyone should be able to
afford to be as healthy as they can.
3.Can't play video games on it yet ! Would be great when stuck in traffic for
an hour (yep, that does happen here occasionally).
4. It won't tell me it's name and I can't decide what to name it!
5. (507C specific) Though multiple infusion rates available, only has one
profile (not that I really need more, but the option would be nice). So, an
 upgrade to a 508 would be nice, but otherwise, I don't really need all the
 bells and whistles. Pretty happy with my pump (though a blue one would be nice
Have a great week, and may your pump be all that it can be and be the best
for YOU.
Tina H.