  From: Shelley Valentine
  To: email @ redacted
  Cc: email @ redacted
  Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 11:25 PM
  Subject: Re: [IP] JDRF Promise to Remember Me

   <<Shelley, did you come up with any answers to getting Joshua to stopping
  pulling out his set and/or stopping the pump during the night? What
  solutions worked for you? >>

   Thank you so much for asking! In a word, NO. I've taken to checking his
pump @ 1:00 am & then again when I go to bed at 3:00 am. I've spoken with the
Delte crep about getting him in on the trial of the new software which doesn't
allow he "stop delivery" function without the lock-out code. Don't know what
to do about the disconnecting thing other than putting his site in his butt
where he can't reach it.

   We speak to him constantly about the importance of leaving his pump/site
alone. The "threat of a site change" is not something that we want to go to
because he already hates site changes.

   Even with these "issues", a pump is better than shots. (Oh, & he's decided
that it's a "cell phone" not a pump.) Weird kid.

  western Massachusetts