[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #690

Bonnie -

 <<You cannot imagine how your statement would have hurt me. Compulsive
overeating is a disease like alcoholism, cocaine/drug addiction, gambling and
other addiction.>>

 The most impressive statement I have ever heard was a quote from someone who
attends Overeaters Anon:

 An alcoholic, drug addict, etc can quit using alcohol/drugs, etc. You can not
QUIT eating. It is xxx% harder for a compulsive overeater to quit because you
have to eat.

 Also during a discussion between my friends (one very overweight & one gay)
they were comparing the prejudice they experienced. The gay man said that people
hate gays more than obese people. The overweight man said, "yeah, but they don't
know you're gay when you walk into a room (until my friend opens his mouth that
is), but they see me & instantly know I'm overweight".

 Even medical professionals are guilty of discrimating against overweight
people. (It's a proven fact.)

western Massachusetts

LifeScan, Inc. http://www.lifescan.com