RE: [IP] top 5

Hi Julie:

If I am not mistaken, Disetronic insulin pumps are not currently being
imported into the US.  I believe they are made in Korea.  I just looked on
their web site and there are frequently asked questions about their pumps
and one of the big ones was "can I still get infusion sets and supplies for
my pump?"  I don't know about you but that does not sound promising.  Here
is a link that compares the top 4 insulin pumps,  By the way, I use the
Minimed 712.

http://www.integrateddiabetes.com/PumpComp.html

Now for the top 5 Likes on the Minimed 712

1. Small and good looking.
2. Easy to use and operate.
3. Fantastic product support.
4. Easy product identification with health professionals and insurance
companies.
5. It makes my blood sugars run in the 70 to 120 range and that is what it
is all about.

Now for the 5 dislikes:

1. BD meter supplied with the pump has E-3 issues (bad readings)
2. Sorry, Julie, there is no 2 thru 5 for me.  I really like my pump and the
people that service and sell it.

To tell you the truth Julie, if I were to start this whole pump process over
again, I would still go with the Minimed.  In my opinion they are the
greatest.

Good luck on your quest for your pump.

Mark Thomas