[IP] High Insulin Use and Disetronic (was Re: assumptions)

Roselea wrote:

> George wrote:
> >Mark, hoping that you can keep that insulin usage figure down, but if
> >not, Disetronic has pumps that can handle larger amounts than most
> >other infusion pumps available.  Take a look in particular at the
> >Panomat V10, a pump with a 10 ml capacity as opposed to the standard
> >3 ml we have in pumps.
> ><http://www.disetronic.com/disetronic.asp?menuId=4>http://www.disetro
> >nic.com/disetroni
> c.asp?menuId=4&languageId=2
> >
> >For those whose insulin usage does not fit the pattern for standard
> >Insulin Pumps, this is the best alternative if you don't want to deal
> >with U-500.
> >
> >George
> With the problems that Disetronic has had recently with the FDA, can a
> person get these pumps now?  Are they affected by the FDA ban or are
> they treated differently than the standard insulin infusion pumps?
> RoseLea

 Since the Panomat is not an "insulin" but an "infusion" pump, I don't think the
FDA needs
 to be involved with what you intend to infuse with it. The actions of the FDA
have only
 concerned the Disetronic H-tron and D-tron pumps. There has been no Recall of
 Panomat to my knowledge and it should still be available. Of course you will
still need a
doctors prescription to obtain the pump.   YVMV

George         ;>)