[IP] Re: Waterproof pump

I agree that this (like pretty much everything else with diabetes) is a
YMMV type of thing.

I also find that if i remove my pump for an hour (heck, even half an
hour), my blood sugar is great when i reconnect, but soars right after
that.  I used to disconnect my 508 to swim my kilometer at the pool so
i'd be in the water for 30 minutes, but the time to get ready before
and after, i would usually be disconnected for almost an hour.

I love the fact that with my Cozmo i don't have to disconnect.  Now i
simply reduce my basal rate slightly before and during the exercise and
leave my pump cliped on the inside of my bathing suit at the back.  And
i have no more problems with pesty highs after swimming.

Waterproofness was one of my main priorities when i got a new pump.  I
was so glad that i had gone with Cozmo because one week after getting
my new pump, the minimed waterproof issue broke into the news.

Paris, France
type 1 since march 1997
pumping since dec 2000
Cozmo since aug'03