[IP] Can a Low Kill?

Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 01:24:36 EST
From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Medical ID- Kinda long

>That is b/c the low can kill you a lot faster than the high...which will
>to be treated for a  period of time to bring it down slowly.

I've seen opinions expressed both ways on this "lows can kill" and "lows
can't kill".  Usually your liver will save you, but eventually it will run
out of glucogon.  Does anyone actually have medical evidence?  Actual deaths
due to a low - how long did it take?  Yes, people lose consciousness, but
how many have actually died?  I know lows are very scary for both us and the
people around us, but are they really fatal?  Or fatal if treated within
several hours of losing consciousness?

Thanks - and I intend no disrespect, I just have heard many opinions and
very few facts,