Re: [IP] NO ONE is allowed to remove my pump

Let me give you the scenario.
You go to the ER unconscious.
Your ID says Diabetic, They spot your pump.

I've only worked in Teaching Hospital ER's but I imagine the smaller ER's would probably do the Same thing.

They would whip that pump off you so fast, your skin may tear.
Regardless of the cause of your unconscious state.

Let's just say hypothetically, You are Hypoglycemic.
Most of the staff I've worked with, including ER Residents and attendings
assume the change in your BS will be immediate.
When it's not, the shoot you with a whole Amp of D50.
(What's the point of pulling off the Pump?????)

Now, the standard of care says you can't leave until you eat.
(Again, remember no more pump attached to you).

Now you are ready to leave.  If you've been in any ER lately,
You know you've been there at least 4 hours.
But remember they pulled your pump off when you got there.
You've eaten, no coverage.
Your Fingerstick before leaving is 200, 250, 300, etc.
The ER Staff, being Hypo phobic, will not give you coverage.

I think you know where this is heading.

John & his Paradigm, who will never leave John's side.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com