RE: [IP] [RE] water proof/water tight

Few things in the world are waterproof.  If a machine has holes in it
through which water could pass were it not for some kind of seal, then it is
watertight.  In fact, MM even gives you the design parameters for the
paradigm;  no measurable leakage when submersed to a depth of eight feet for
24 hours.  Think submarine!  They have lots of holes and penetrations, but
when sealed they are watertight to some classified depth for some classified
period of time.  That doesn't mean that they don't leak at their maximum
depth, only that they leakage is acceptable.